[VAC] Re: Advice for newbie

Hi Rick:    My husband and I went from a pop up to a 30' A/S om 1964 since we
needed a trailer so when he went on some of his plant audits for IH as Internal
Auditor  I could go along and we had 2 black labs( living in a motel for 2
months with 2 dogs?).   WE were never sorry that we bought 30'
To us we wanted some extra space and the MOST IMPORTANT thing was that both of
us took turns driving by changing about every hour and the one driving when
time to quit for the night parked it...that way we decided if at any time either
of could not drive we would not be stuck plus that way neither would be overly
tired .

When we reitred we were both able to handle both the inside and outside
duties    he developed Alzheimers and we could still continue to travel  tho I
did all the driving.    we continued traveling  for a couple of years.
One thing we decided to stay off the Interstates as much as possible and follow
the blue line roads and never to be in a hurry  and stopped when we wanted not
according to some plan.   when you join WBCCI in the directory is a list of
courtesy parking and  take advantage of it...who better know interesting thngs
to see in an area than someone who lives there....and they would not be on the
list if they didn't want people to stop.    Aitstream company caravans are a
great way to tour Mexico especially if you dont speak the language.    Mexican
people are very friendly and if you learn a few words  they  are feel like you
are enjoying thier country.    Don't compare Mexico to the USA  it is a foreign
country and they are proud of their country just as you are of yours.......take
along lots of pencils/pens/notebooks and give them to the kids or find a local
school.
My husband died 14 years ago and I am still rolling my wheels   there is always
more to see....I am so glad that towing was something that I could still do.
Pearl