[VAC] Re: Replacing the Univolt

Well I hope mine lasts longer than yours did.  No offense ;-) ....

I got it installed last night in the rear bath closet.  Had to mount it
vertical on the wall.  Kind of a picky little guy.  Wants to be mounted away
from the battery in a separate compartment, vertical on the wall, yet close
enough not to use long wires to the battery...  Also wants to be wired
direct to the battery w/o going through a fuse box.  Well that last one I
could not do since I was duplicating the original univolt wiring.  But all
seems ok.

My main control panel in the Safari has retained its power on light.  I used
the second charge bank output to power it.  And reusing the ground shunt has
successfully saved the amp meter function.  Works great.  Shows charging and
discharging.

It seems to be working fine so far.  I still have to mount the remote
monitor panel that I bought with the statpower.

-Tim