[VAC]

Subject: VACList Update - 7/15

The Vintage AIrstream Club List is running again, but with a few twists.

I was able to correct the problem by which someone was able to "spam"
(flood) the VACList address with thousands of phony e-mails, thereby
shutting down the email account.  That won't happen again.  I don't
think it was intentional against the VAC, but was a random act.

The bad news - subscriber options such as individual e-mail or Digest
format, active or on vacation hold etc. was lost.  About 1/3 of all
subscribers fell into these categories.

So, as to not wipe these people out, I've set everyone to a default of
receiving the once a day summary (Digest) of all the postings.

If you wish to change back to receiving each post as an individual
e-mail, you will need to go to the ListOfiice webpage and enter your
e-mail address and select the button by the individual postings, and
then hit submit

http://airstream.net/vaclist/listoffice.html

With all the kooks out there, and the popularity of this List, I've
elected to upgrade the List software in 2 weeks to make it run smoother
and be defensible against outside attack.  This is in addition to full
virus screening and power supply backup already in place.  (this has
become a serious set-up!!

Thanks for you patience.  Another posting will follow with the software
change announcements in about 2 weeks.

Regards,
RJ Dial
VAC Webmaster