[VAC] 75 Sov. Skin Oxidation

Couple questions regarding oxidation.  What year did they go to the clear coat?  My 76 has the normal pealing on the roof but a 75 I am looking at has no pealing.  The 75 does however, have what appears to be small white patches of bubbled-up something, almost like the skin has blistered.  This this white blistered area is mostly on the middle horizontal seam and very strange looking.  Any ideas?  Would anything cut this and not damage the aluminum?  Thanks.
Randy Kleven