[VAC] Re: Picked up our Airstream but....

There was near universal hail damage at Bismarck in 1993. My dad was
there with the Caravel I now own. He said none of its dents came from
Bismarck, though the newer trailers with the thinner skins and the
plastic vent lids suffered a great deal more. He claimed that all the
dents in the Caravel (visible on my web page,
http://homepages.isunet.net/geraldj/caravel.htm) came from house
destroying hail storms in Missouri. One had hail big enough to penetrate
double panes of glass, roofing, and sometimes roof boards. He's told me
that some of the newer trailers at Bismarck, had 6" of ice and water in
them when the owners opened the doors after the storm. Many were at
meetings downtown when the storm when through.

I've not tried to remove any hail dents, with golf ball to baseball
sized hail within 100 miles in the past week and 4" hail here three
years ago (before I had the Caravel) there will be more gathered before
the Caravel is given up for lost. My SOB with a fiberglass top has stars
all over it from hail impact. It may not survive as a camper much
longer. It would be more useful as a tandem axle flat bed.

Gerald J.