[VAC] Re: Gabriel on Airstream Shocks

>Gas shocks still do most of the work with liquid. Just there's gas
>pressure on top the liquid to slow down vaporizing from squirting
>through the restraint orifice in the piston.

Did not know this; figured it was all gas!

>Gas shocks tend to be difficult to compress by hand because of the gas
>pressure. They also tend to come with straps to hold them compressed.
>Cut the strap after installation.

The Airstream Gabriels are not at all difficult to compress, and there's no
strap. I can move them in and out with moderate (if that) effort. Maybe I
should try same with the aftermarket Chevy truck shocks before Ireturn
them, just for comparison's sake.

Greg