[VAC] Re: Gabriel on Airstream Shocks

More on Gabriel shocks manufactured "for Airstream:"

- As Bruce Deitle reported, the model number is 610816.

- To my ear, these are not gas shocks, as were the aftermarket '70 Chevy
Pickup front shocks from Gabriel that I was planning to use. There is a
distinctly (and surprisingly loud) liquidy sound when you expand or
compress the shock.

- They do not come with the desirable split bushing to assist in
installation. (Guy at Inland RV tells me he bends out the metal plate
holding the top shock to create sufficient clearance and then usually
leaves it out.)

- Finally, these shocks did cost roughly $10 more each than the aftermarket
shocks, and, darn it, the shocks just aren't as pretty either! :)

Greg