[VAC] Re: Re-introducing my trailer as a 65 Overlander/Question

Jeanavive:

When we purchased our trailer, the VIN on the title and the trailer did not
match.  The title showed 12712S1427 and the title showed I27T2S1427.  The first
I (for International) was switched to a "1" and the "T" (for twin) was switched
to a "1."  The seller, in our case, passed on a file with documents going back
several years that showed a transfer into Washington state where one of the
letters was changed in error from the Kansas title to the WA title.  The other
error was before I had documentation.  The trailer had the VIN stamped on the
tongue A-frame, on a nameplate on the front of the trailer (badly pitted due to
rock hits) and on the nameplate on the side next to the door.  All three
matched.

I took the trailer to the WA inspection station...The WA State Patrol looked at
the paperwork I had, the three VINs on the trailer, and the Serial Number
decoder from the VAC site and corrected my title.  I made a couple of anonymous
phone calls first and got all my ducks lined up...

For your situation, look at the documents you have and check your stamped
VINs...For the year, you should also have a date of manufacture plate on the
front or side, near the front to verify the model year.  Our trailer is
classified as a 1972, the date on the plate says it was made in CA in 9-1971.

Good luck in your identity quest!

Judy White, Bellevue (Seattle-east)
72 27 Int’l Ambassador, 01 Powersmoke
WBCCI 5040, VAC, NCU#138