[VAC] Gabriel on Airstream Shocks

In my search for shocks for my '76 Tradewind, I contacted Gabriel after
hearing that Bruce Deitle was provided Gabriels by Airstream for his '77
Argosy. He was kind enough to provide the part number.

Here's what they have to say:

First, when asked about a shock for the A/S before I had the model number:

>I'm sorry but these units were built to contract only for the RV
>manufacturer and can only be found from the RV retailers.

Then, when I provided the model number (610816):

>These do not correspond to anything for the aftermarket automotive and light
>truck industry. These units have a unique valving separate from the
>aftermarket.

So, Gabriel at least believes they are selling a shock specifically
engineered for the A/S (or, at least, for trailers).

Now to decide whether to take back the shocks I bought at Autozone
yesterday . . .

Greg