[VAC] Re: Stromberg tow car kits

Title: Re: [VAC] Burning Man
Tuna, Joe, and all who responded,
We are in Boise, Idaho; not too far from your neck of the desert, Tuna.  Joe, thanks for the kind offer.  All things considered, though, I think we will opt for the universally available all-electric setup.  That way we can easily switch between our two tow vehicles, the '57 'burb and the '56 Chevy pickup.  I can also adjust the sensitivity of the braking system from inside the truck, at the controller, which will help, since these trucks are all drum brakes.
As I understand the Stromberg tow car hitch setup, there was a special connector between tow vehicle and trailer, which isolated the trailer brakes from the tow vehicle, so that one would not affect the other in case of separation.  This would have allowed an easy switch between vehicles as well.  I suppose if the line were severed between the trailer and truck on the truck side of that connector, this could be a big problem.  Ah well, there don't seem to be any more of these systems anyway.  Thanks for all the great input!>
Ken