[VAC] Re: Found one, now what?

Tim,
I just returned from picking up our 1972 Safari in Arizona 420 miles away.
We bought it sight unseen, had photos, trusted the seller, arranged to have
new tires put on, brakes checked, bearings packed and lights checked out from
a local shop in Parker Az. that was refered to us by the local Napa parts
store.  I feel that we were not taken advantage of and treated honestly by
the tow company, tire shop and alignment shop in Az.  We operated on a lot of
trust and it worked for us.  It was unregistered so we needed an exit permit
from Az.
My point is that there was a lot of variables and we trid to take care of
them before we left our home in California.  It all worked out.   Also we
sent the shop a 7 way plug that was compatable with our truck and had them
put it on beforehand.
I am sure that there are a lot of "bad apples" out there selling and
servicing Airstreams but I really believe that the vast majority are honest
people.

Our Airstream is home and we are in the process of restoring it..........or
in our case making it to be what we want in a trailer,

Best of luck,

John and Kay Semon
San Luis Obispo, California
john@sloart.com