[VAC] Weight

Hi Tim,

Friends of ours have a dual axle 1995 25' Airstream. The GVWR
manufacturer's tag on the outside skin shows 6800#.  I suggest you stay
sharp as you investigate weight and length possibilities.  Vintage
Airstreams weigh less than new Airstreams. Single axles weigh less than
dual axles.  But, don't make ANY assumptions until you have primary
source data.

If you haven't touched Tom Patterson's archives, that would be an
excellent place to start.  See http://www.tompatterson.com for
massive database. Click on "Search Site."

A couple days ago, I reviewed VAC member Anthony Slocock's website. He
has a ton of good data relating to where you are in the decision making
sequence. See http://www.eurostream.co.uk

If you have children, perhaps they'd like to tent it. That's one way
many of us increased sleeping accommodations when our children were
young.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net