[VAC] Re: Vulkem

Okay folks, pardon this point about one of our products.  I promise not to promote our store on this list.

I've been hearing and seeing Inland's comments about 600 series Vulkem being the only Vulkem to use on Airstreams.  We'll be at the International in a few days and we'll have a long conversation with the Airstream folks to get the straight scoop.  We'll also call Tremco/Mameco, the manufacturer of Vulkem and hundreds of other caulks--including DAP--to get their opinion.

Up to now, we have been hearing from Airstream that 116 is fine.  And we have been hearing from hundreds of customers that they like Vulkem 116 (except it is so messy!). Here's a fact sheet provided by Ro-An that shows information about 116 and says it is suitable for travel trailers...
http://www.roancorp.com/tremcospecs/trvulkem116.html

I don't know much about 600 series Vulkem.  But I'm sure you'd be fine with 6XX Vulkem too and I'd encourage you to buy it from Inland if you want to test it.  We don't carry it but might start if someone can explain why it is worth the extra money it costs.

I will report back to this with more information after International when I have spoken directly to the sources.

Hope to see you all there!
Steve
http://www.AirstreamDreams.com