[VAC] Triad Converter/Charger

The original Univolt in our '77 Tradewind has been replaced with a
Triad-Utrad converter/charger rated at 70 amps.  Because a previous
owner removed the everything from the front end of the coach, it is just
sitting on the floor at the moment.  I am planning to build a
convertable dinette in the front and enclose both the converter and the
batteries within it, making use of the existing vents.  Other than an
annoying hum, and the productoin of a good deal of heat, the Triad seems
to function well.

Does anyone know about this piece of hardware?  Any known problems with
it?  Does anyone have any tricks for building a sound attenuating
enclosure for it?

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln Soule