[VAC] Re: Triad Converter/Charger

         This basically *is* a Univolt- and other than a special version
(with an output for the "Power On" light) is functionally identical- as a
matter of fact, I believe that my Univolt says Triad-Utrad on it- but is
only 50 amps.

         As to hum- you can try to de-couple it from the floor, and build
somewhat of an enclosure around it, but it does need ventilation, so do not
go too far (though the 70 amp *may* have a cooling fan- I know the new 75
amp models do).

         I would provide for an on off switch in the 120 volt power line to
it, though..

________

         Chris Bryant