[VAC] Re: Sink is way too yellow

Lincoln,
I have just finished repairing and refinishing the sink/counter in my '72
Tradewind. Mine is made of plastic but I used fiber glass to repair holes in
the sink. I wrapped the entire under side of the sink to strengthen it. I
would recommend you do the same, my sink had deteriorated to the strength of
egg shell while the counter was fine. This may save you from having to
refinish the sink again in a few years. It is an easy job to remove and
replace the sink. I used epoxy paint and got great results.
If I did it again I would let the paint dry longer between coats, 24 hours
recommended but I would go 72 or more. I live in a humid area, the second
coat did not go on as well as the first coat. I have put the sink back in
and will put the third coat on some time soon. I used a product called
Pettit Easypoxy, It is well respected by boaters. It comes in white and
colors, I used off white and it blends in well with the rest off the not so
white any more bathroom.

Good Luck

Frank Streeks

'72 Tradewind 25'