[VAC] Re: Gray Water Tank '73 International 31' ??

Charlie,

Thanks for the info.  As usual, you were able to add fact to the exchange of opinions and guesses.

I can attest to the accuracy of your warning regarding cutting the angled dump valve fitting.  I cut mine off with a Sawzall (sp?) to get the tank out of my '66 Safari.  It was broken anyway from supporting the weight of a broken tank and hardware.  Now I'm engaged in "a serious replumbing job" exactly as you said.

I couldn't locate a replacement for the original tank so purchased a rectangular-shaped tank which fits but leaves no room under the trunk compartment for the dump valve and plumbing.  I am slowly working out a home-made mount for the dump valve and y fitting behind the tank, inside the bumper compartment and will reroute the gray water plumbing to reach the y.

I bought the trailer right so can afford to invest some time, labor, and frustration in it but it is not a simple task as you know.

Harvey