[VAC] Re: Pergo vs Wilsonart and Formica

I will soon be installing a Wilsonart floating floor in my kitchen, so I'll
have some first hand experience.  So far as the joints are concerned, the
modern machining is amazingly good!  Of course it helps to have a uniform,
stable product to machine in the first place.  Modern heavy duty woodworking
machines (not your typical cabinet shop table saw or shaper) are very very
stable and accurate.

My discussions with installers is that the joints are so straight and even
that the panels go together very well.  A major trick is to evenly apply the
proper amount of glue to the edge so that the joint will come tight, yet not
be "starved" of glue.  Flooring wholesalers also carry band clamps to pull
the panels together while the glue sets.

Formica even has an installation video.

Oliver Filippi