[VAC] Bug skirts

I need to replace the hula skirts that cover the slot that the window
lifter arms go through on the screens ('73 Ambassador) I have the
material. It looks like the skirt is sewn down on each edge and down the
middle.

What glue should I use to attach them to the screen ?

Do I butt them to meet in the middle of the slot ?

Once glued down, do I pull off the stitching on the ends and middle so
the skirt fluffs out ?

What are the screens screwed to the window frame with?

Daisy ( scratching mosquito bites..)