[VAC] Re: Exhaust brakes - A word of caution

Tom,

I would expect either a mechanical linkage to a lever which the driver pulls or pushes as in an the 18 wheelers of long ago, or a switch which will allow me to close the butterfly valve ONLY WHEN I CHOOSE to apply exhaust brakes.

I can quickly think of many situations in which I would lift my foot from the tow vehicle throttle but would not want a mechanical device to assume that I wish to have brakes applied for me.

Harvey