[VAC] Re: Exhaust brakes - A word of caution

Title: Re: [VAC] Re: Exhaust brakes - A word of caution
Harvey,

     This is the same as the BD brake.  Please reread the earlier posts.  On both brake systems you have to 1.) Take your foot off of the accelerator 2.) Move the toggle switch.  The only difference between what Don and I have described is in the order in which the braking is done.  By themselves, neither action will activate the brake.  I believe that all exhaust brake systems work in this fashion.
     By the way, with a gasoline motor such as you currently have, the same engine braking is decided for you when you remove your foot from the gas, and the engine slows down your vehicle.  You are not given this responsibility and privilege.