[VAC] Floor Question

Hi all, and thanks for the information about purchasing Airstream
parts.  I'll start looking for those light covers on Monday.

This morning Gwen and I were up at the crack of dawn, surveying the
Tradewind and deciding what to do first.  After a couple of hours of
general cleaning, we got ambitionus and decided to remove the carpet.
As a result, we had a close-up-and-personal look at the plywood floor.
There was one wet spot near the door, but it must be of recen vintage
because it appears that the wood will be OK once it drys out.  There is
also one very small spot of old rot near the wall at the left front.
Nothing to worry about, I don't think.

Questoins: Now that we have virtually the whole floor exposed, does it
make sense to seal it before we replace the carpet?  If so, what do you
recommend?  For the small spots of rot, I seem to remember an epoxy
product that is used to restore antique houses.  As I recall, it works
by soaking completely into the rotted wood, and is said to produce a
very sound result.  Has anyone tried this on an Airstream floor?  Did it
work?  What did you use?  Once we deal with the floor, does anyone have
a particular recommendation for carpet?

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln

1977 Tradewind