[VAC] Cleaning Zylotone

I picked up my 64 Globetrotter in Boise on the 1st and towed it back to
Santa Cruz, CA via Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Nevada over a 10 day period.
Snow, rain, heat, wind, no problem. What a trailer! Everything is in great
shape. I will be posting questions one at a time as I take on the task of
bringing this wonderful trailer back to tip-top condition. I would like to
thank all in advance for the great support and advice offered through this
board.

The original beige flecked Zylotone paint is in good condition with no
scrapes or flaking. I would like to give it a thorough cleaning rather than
repaint. The manual states NOT to use detergent cleaners as they will cause
the Zylotone to dry out and flake. Can anyone recommend the best product for
cleaning off 37 years of grubby finger marks and good old fashioned grime?
How hard can I work the Zylotone without risk of damaging it?

Thanks,

Charles