[VAC] Re: Exhaust brakes - A word of caution

Tom,

I am not familiar with BD exhaust brakes but plan to install an exhaust brake when I purchase a new diesel puller in the near future.  Reading your post I am confused by the comment, "I was travelling with the brakes on" then goes on to describe your near disaster experience.   The way you described the event seems to say that application of the BD exhaust brake was not a direct result of driver action.

Is the BD exhaust brake applied other than on demand by the driver?

Harvey