[VAC] Re: Airstream prejudice: AGE

The new valves are not to protect users so much from us, as to protect
us users from dunderheads filling the tanks and filling them up to the
top with liquid. Liquid will go through a gas system with the orifices
sized for gas but the burners will supply a great deal more heat than
planned. I saw the remains of a brand new 45 foot corn dryer bin that
was destroyed by the dunderhead propane supplier getting dirt in the
lines, then setting the burner regulator pressure to twice rated because
the main control valve was fluttering from the dirt. When the dirt
cleared, the liquid swamped the vaporizer and sprayed liquid under the
corn. It not only wrecked the new bin, it destroyed over $60,000 worth
of corn.

In our systems we depend on their being gas coming from the tank and
ambient heat warming the tank enough to keep up with our vapor needs.

The new valve has a float that shuts off the filling to leave that vapor
space.

Its the rural filler that doesn't care where we NEED the new valve the
most.

Gerald J.