[VAC] Re: 1968 Airstream Decor

For those wondering what the wood interiors are made
of, here's how to tell them apart.
I worked in a veneer plant for years and learned to
tell the difference.
Oak has open pores in the grain lines, looks like pin
holes all over, Ash has clear spaces between the grain
lines and Elm has a herringbone fleck between the
grain lines. All of these look the same honey golden
color. Of all the trailers I've seen including my 67
Safari the light colored wood is Elm.
There was a lot of Elm used in the 60's for furniture
panels before it died out from the Dutch Elm disease.
Walnut was used at the same time but it will always be
the dark color.

Doug