[VAC] Re: mileage while towing w/ diesels

     I put 706 miles on my '00 PSD today from Houston to Parkers Crossroads.
Average speed was around 70 mph.  The average shown by the onboard computer
for the trip is 16.5 mpg.  Of course, that is with the BD chip which adds
about 3-4 mpg to my mileage.  I encountered negligible winds.  I was towing
a trailer weighing about 4000 lbs.
     Without the trailer in tow, I would have expected 22 - 24 mpg on the
same trip.
      The performance chip does give added torque and horsepower.  But the
real benefit is in the added mileage.  This chip was one of my better
add-ons to the truck.

-Tom
On the road from Parkers Crossroads, Tennessee