[VAC] Re: 72 Safari/ single axel vs. tandem axel

While I've yet to actually tow my trailer (it's
arriving from out of state this weekend), I
bought it from a lady who has towed horse and
travel trailers for about 20 years... she has 2
single axel Airstreams (Safari and Tradewind) and
1 other double axel (Tradewind) besides the 28'
double axel Ambassador I bought from her. She
told me double axels have an advantage and help
in avoiding fish-tail situations (which she
experienced with one of her single axels one
time), and the advantage of extra tires in the
event of a blow-out. She also said the Ambassador
tows smoother and easier than any of her other
trailers.... we think it's because of the double
axel as well as the extra length for stability.

Jill