[VAC] Re: Variable resistor for brake controller?

Jim,

Your memory of using a K-H controller is what I thought I remembered also.
When I installed the controller, my instinct or memory told me that rotating
the knob counter clockwise or "unscrewing" it as you described, would reduce
braking.  I tried it and it didn't.  According to the instruction sheet:
"The controller handle adjustment affects the rate of application of the
trailer brakes."  "This adjustment has no bearing on the maximum braking
capacity of the trailer brakes."  "This adjustment should be made to provide
for a slight lead of the trailer brakes over the tow vehicle brakes."  And,
"turning the handle clockwise will decrease the rate of application of the
trailer brakes while counter-clockwise will increase the rate of
application."

Harvey