[VAC] Re: Restoration tools -Jill Hari

I'd changed the subject line, but that was a response to Jill Hari, re: her
possible reluctance to get involved with A/S restoration. I meant it as
encouragement, with a recommendation to go for air-tools.
My own experience has been echoed here a couple times; it boils down to
this:

1) Get a really good compressor (5hp minimum, with the largest capacity air
tank you can justify). And, the big chain stores often have great deals on
'discontinued' models, as from Campbell-Hausfield. You may have to poke
around in the store - I found mine hidden in 'Will-Call' at Home Despot,
where a store employee had 'set it aside' to purchase for himself, when he
had the money. He was NOT happy that I'd found it. Paid less than half of
the sticker price for a brand-new (but discontinued) model.

2) The 'cheap' airtools are more than sufficient for the task at hand. I
appreciate well-made tools, but have had excellent results using the cheap
Enco/Harbor Freight versions - and as above, have found great deals on
discontinued top of the line versions on the blowout tables at Home Despot.

3) Practice.

4) Practice.

5) Practice.

Tuna