[VAC] Re: furnace/ Catalytics

Dan,

My 31ft. Sovereign has a Cat Platinum Plus catalytic heater as well as the
Suburban furnace. I love it and for the past four years we've been living in this
unit pretty heavily including wet Washington State winters. I have two other
Airstreams with the non-vented type of catalytic heaters. The one trouble with
this vented unit is that it does obviously use some power. It's great when hooked
up to shore power though. It does suck out some heat as well so the efficiency
isn't as great as the non-vented units are it would seem.

The Cat is vented through the outside wall via flex tube.

All combustion products are vented including water. Even other sources such as
cooking are greatly vented out. We've had no condensation problems at all.

It has a fan. Heat & fan are totally controlled by thermostat. Completely safe to
use in an enclosed area.

Made in Olympia, Wa. During a rally at the Washington Unit's Land Yacht Harbor we
actually toured the little factory. Their customer service is great. Sorry I can't
provide you with phone or address right now as the trailer is somewhere else and
the paper work is inside. I'll try to get back to you this next week.

Pat