[VAC] Re: hookup with 6 pin round connector

>  go to http://www.championtrailers.com for the wiring for the standard
>RV connectors. Those are the ones that have 6 flat connections and a
>round one in the center.

Thanks for the URL. I am converting all three trailers and both tow
vehicles to the 7-pin trailer conncetor in the next week or so.

>FWIW: I think that anyone who tows a trailer weighing several thousand
>pounds w/o brakes is a damn fool and I sure hope I don't meet him on the
>road. The only exception that I would sanction is the trip home with a
>"new to you" trailer and the trip is short, say less than 50 miles, back
>roads, and sssllllooooowww going. As in not over 40 MPH, and certainly
>not on wet pavement. I'm using a 3/4 ton truck and I can't stop my
>trailer in any hurry if it's raining and my brakes ARE working. Which is
>precisely why I'm going to a hydraulic controller within the next week.
>
>That's my opinion only, you can argue if you wish. OFF LIST, not here.

I agree that it's irresponsible to tow a big trailer sans external
brakes. Both of my trailers are small and light (16' Wee Wind, 16'
Boles Aero) and I tow  them with an over-engineered 6000 lb. Mercedes
offroad vehicle (Gelandewagen -- see gwagen.com) so I am OK.

I can assure you that before I load up my 22' Flying Cloud to the
thousands of pounds that it can weigh "wet" I'll have a brake
controller installed.