[VAC] 59 Overlander brakes/weight

I've heard this from someone else, too, about
shops specializing in cargo, utility and stock
trailers. Not only for parts, but for service as
well... Big savings on brake service and parts
over RV shops.

Regarding weights, I've heard from a few people
(one of them being Airstream Cust. Service) that
the 1950's model, even the later years were
significantly lighter than the 60's. When I look
inside 60's models (especially later models, like
'66 and later), it makes sense because the
interiors are much more loaded with cabinetry,
heavier looking built-in's and doo-dads than my
'59, which is quite sparse by comparison. I'm
guessing this is true about the frame weights,
too, to my shagrin, from the recent discussion
regarding no AC units on the older roofs :(

I think I may have stated my Ambass. weight
incorrectly, it is 3900# as it came from the
factory. So that's before I load it down with
stuff. I called it 3900# gross, but maybe that's
not the GROSS weight?

Jill
1959 28 foot Ambassador
Bend, Oregon