[VAC] Re: Creating Interior Metal Finish

Hi Jeff
I have thought of doing that to my '73 Ambassador,  but it has plastic
endcaps, I don't know if a '68 does. I also see that the interior panels
are not put together in a nice elegant manner. The paint sort of
disguises that, which I think would be very obvious if they were shiny.
If you do remove the "paint", you will then have to polish and then seal
that aluminum.....Mine is also textured, don't know if the aluminum is
textured too or just the vinyl laminate. Disolving vinyl is harder than
paint too. Might be just easier to replace the inside skin with
unpainted stuff. I dream of stainless quilted like in old diners.

Daisy