[VAC] Re: How much is too much?

Have you tried a load leveling hitch?  They have two spring bars that pick
up the rear end of your truck and distribute the weight to the front of the
truck.  When set up properly, your truck will stay level and will resist
dipping in the rear when going over bumps.  I even use them on my 1953
Overlander that has a hitch weight of 300 lbs or less.

This type of hitch also has an anti-sway bar.  Even for a small trailer,
this type of hitch is well worth the investment.

Good luck,

David Reilly
Madison, MS
1963 Overlander