[VAC] Re: hookup with 6 pin round connector

Roger & Wayne,

Seven pin connectors are commonly used for travel trailers and have been for
decades. The additional pins are for 12V+, brakes and reverse lights. The 6
pin connectors are just like the 7 pin, but without the center pin. The
center pin is usually for the reverse lights.

I would highly recommend that everyone on the list who tows, bite the bullet
and purchase a brake controller for both legal and safety reasons. If I were
ever involved in an accident with someone who was towing without brakes I
would bring a lawsuit. The $80 it would cost you for a controller is cheep
insurance and can be transfered to your new tow vehicle when the time comes.

For info on laws and standard wiring for 6 & 7 pin connectors see:
http://www.championtrailers.com/brkart.html

Scott Scheuermann