[VAC] Re: '48 Wee Wind renovation/modernization... a bundle of

**Frig:   You will probably be better for to settle for an AC and propane
frig.  The 12V feature  has not had good reports and is used primarily to
run off your tow vehicle battery when on the road.  Most cases this is
unncessary as frig. will hold its "cool" quite well for at least 4 hrs,
maybe more.  The 12V hook up, I have heard, tends to run the car battery
down when one neglects to disconnect it or leaving it on when motor is
running.  I used a Dometic Model RM2202 in my  '56 Bubble.  It came with
3 way but I didn't hook up the 12V feature.  Be aware these will require
two - lower & upper- external vent openings which needs to be carefully
planned and these may dictate siting of the frig. inside.

**Space heater:   I have found that a small electric cube heater can heat
these little trailers very rapidly.  A  small catalitic is an option but
it will probably need to be free standing for placement  to avoid heating
nearby surfaces.  I would use the smallest possible but try out a cube
heater first.  You will be surprised how much heat a stove top burner
will provide in this small  space with proper venting of course where you
don't have an electrical sources.

**I have used a 3gal propane water heater and heats up fast and doesn't
take up much space.  I am assuming you will not have a shower and "sponge
baths" and dish washing are well adapted to 3 gal.  I would have
preferred one of the propane  "instant-in-line" heaters for their small
size . but they just cost to much.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC