[VAC] Re: Transmission Oil Temp

I don't have an overdrive transmission in the '68. I don't know what ratio
it's running, but I'd say it's either 2.76 or 3.23.   If I can find parts, I
might step it up a ratio or two.   It's a higher compression engine than the
newer ones. I understand that the newer low compression engines respond very
well to a numerically higher axle ratio. Higher compression engine run
better at low RPM than low compression engines do, from what I've read. I
don't think I'd want to go as high as 3.91 without the overdrive
transmission. At least the change over would be easy since it has the 8.75
inch axle.

Maybe since I added the transmission cooler I won't have any more trouble
......one way to find out!!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html