[VAC] Re: Safe Camping and Feeling Safe

Jim,
I completely agree with you.  I also refuse to live in fear. I tavel many
times by myself and have since 1982.  I have never had a problem nor been
scared.  Of course I use judgement about where I stay.  Wal-Mart cannot be
beat.  They are everywhere and if you buy their Road Atlas for a very low
price, it will tell  you where they are.  Sometimes when I know where I'll
be going I put their address on Map Quest and get a  printout of all that
are on my route. I usually pay my rent by doing some shopping while there.
Isn't there something we can always use from WalMart?  In a recent Eskapee
mailing there was a letter from WalMart saying how welcome we are.  Once in
Cal. we found we had a flat tire in the morning and the guard that rode
around on a cart insisted she change our tire and then told us where to go
to get it repaired. About 3weeks ago on my way home after the Panama
Caravan, we needed to stay in ElPaso.  No one was ever welcomed any better
than we were by the Security man.  He told us they were instructed to take
very good care of anyone that stayed--by orders of whoever is the big shot
at WalMart.  Sure is convenient.

There is a WalMart near my home and there is at least one and many times 5
or 6 staying the night, including trucks.

Kathy in Woodburn, OR