[VAC] "Bubble" soon to be on Ebay, you may want to snag before

Hi list,

A fellow in Houston has a '56 Bubble he put on Ebay the other nite
(#1138121548) the bids went as high as $4,600 and his reserve wasn't met.  He
listed it as
Air-stream so there were only 11 of us bidding on it. The photos didn't show
much, just a stove, a table, a toilet and the exterior (skin was unpolished
but in great condition).   His reserve is $7,500 and he plans to put it back
up when he has better photos of it.

I spoke with him about it and here's what he said.   He acquired it from the
second owner.  Has ALL the paperwork on it and claims all but the
refrigerator is original, (took out the old icebox)  (The stove has four
burners and look like my mid-60's but who knows).

He indicated that he sells "parts" and wants a larger AS to carry his parts
and sleep in so a trade with cash may be feasible.  If he doesn't get his
price he says that his car is customed out somehow and is lowered to ground
level and he would alter this AS to do the same (I smell skin problems, but
hey....) but as it's so original he'd rather sell it.  He wants something
rather gutted.

This is a great opportunity for a restorer and a rare AS (too expensive for
me unfortunately).  His name is James and his email is roadkil@texas.net for
those who may want to reach him.  You can contact me separately if you need
phone numbers on him I don't want to post here as he has no idea I've posted
this much.....I just hate to see it gutted and used for carrying parts....

Bebe
65 Safari (which I also don't want used for carrying parts)
Louisiana