[VAC] Re: Wheels for 73 Overlander

Dana,

Local wheel dealer here in Buffalo, NY had wheels in stock for my 1969
Caravel.  They are made by Dexter Wheel Company.  Specifications  are 6 lug,
5.5" bolt pattern, 4.25" center hole, 0.0" offset and 2600# capacity.  Paid
less than a $80.00 for both including sales tax. They are 8-spoke white
rims.  Part number at the wheel dealer is BTW 17-144.  Not sure if that is
the same as Dexter Wheel's part number.  Dexter has a website:
http://www.dexteraxle.com/product_literature/wheels_and_accessories/complete_brochure.pdf

Not sure what the 73 Overlander calls for, but the manual for my 1969
Caravel indicates 7.00 X 15" 8 ply tires.

Dave Sawicki