[VAC] Re: What kind of Generator??

Two of the 1000 watt units will probably cost as much or at least almost
as much as the 3000 watt unit... there is some advantage to having two
units, but the advantage of having a unit that can support anything that
can operate on a 20 amp fuse may be worth more to you......The 3000 watt
Honda Inverter/generator has a current limit of about 23 amps... and I
am sure that the 1k unit has a current limit as well... going on watt
ratings can be something of a fooler in that motors and transformers can
draw more current than the "watt calculation" would indicate...
Measuring the current needed would be good, but a clip-on ammeter would
be needed.  Renting the unit for a trial run would be terrific if you
can find one ....
We use the 3K Honda Inverter/gen and have no complaints... runs
everything.. one 20 amp circuit at a time....One of the list members has
both and has commented on the performance... hopefully they are still
checking the list...

Jim Clark