[VAC] Re: '66 Ford F-250

Bob,

Many years ago I owned a couple of pickups that were set up like the one
your are buying.  My rear bumper mount was also a sliding arrangement that
permitted the rear bumper to extend when transporting a 10' or 11' slide-in
truck camper.

I also installed additional saddle tanks under the bed just in front of the
rear wheels.   They were once very common and probably were the reason that
Ford/Chevy/Dodge began installing dual or larger tanks.  Most of the old
extra tank rigs used a large manually operated valve installed on the floor
beside the driver's seat with a large brass knob with a pointer which was
used to select a tank by pointing at the tank in service.  Some had
electrically operated tank valves but they were more expensive and more
complex.  You must select a tank to draw fuel from by positioning the valve.
When a tank goes dry, you must be prepared to quickly grab the valve handle
and rotate it to select another tank before your truck and trailer comes to
a stop in the middle of Interstate 5.

A '66 Ford F-250 and '66 Airstream will make a great combo and conversation
piece.

Harvey Barlow