[VAC] Re: What does the group think ??

James, did you consider the 1955 Overlander the Iowa Boys have listed on
their site? It's about the same money and judging from the pictures looks to
be in much better condition. I recently acquired a '68 Tradewind that has
almost perfect skin (that needs polishing) but the inside needs some work
not the least of which is a thorough cleaning. It's the third Airstream I
have owned. I'm a hobby machinist and consider myself an experienced
do-it-yourselfer but I would not want to undertake a project of the
magnitude and expense you are proposing. I believe you can find a better
value and in a trailer you would be able to use and enjoy before your 5 year
rebuild time frame. That's just my preference -- yours may be different.

As an aside, I am curious about the skin tears in the banana wrap/belly pan.
What would cause that? I can't imagine it left the factory like that.

Jim Greene