[VAC] Re: Transmission Oil Temp and Use of OD

I have a friend who had a 1993 chev crew cab duly turbo dirsel. it now has
42kmiles on it when he bought it he was told that he could tow in OD the 1sr
transmition died in very short order when towing a 40ft 5th wheel.transmition
was replaced and he sold the trailer and bought a motor home. he kept the
truck to use as a utillity vechile. just recently the second transmition
would not shift the shop told him that due to the age of the truck that parts
fot the transmition were no longer avalable.and a new transmition for the
turbo  Diesel would be $11000  It dont sound resonable to me . I can believe
the transmition failier as I had 1983 6.2 diesel Suberan 3/4ton in 165k miles
it had 3 replacement transmitions I dumped it when the last one died these
were turbo400 3 speed transmitions. I have what is possably the mistaken ida
that trucks work vechiles and were made to haul things and pull things
I wonder what is wrong with American products as I have a nisson auto with
169kmiles on it and still has the origional transmition with no trouble.
Jim Smith