[VAC] Re: stabilizing jacks

I had a 1972 Safari, which did not have the permanent BAL stabilizing jacks installed.  I went to an RV store (any one will do) and bought 5 of the aluminum-based stabilizing jacks.  I placed them on the ends, two at the A-frame next to the body, two at the rear, where the beams come out to the bumper, and one I placed just forward of the step on the rivet seam, so as not to puncture the aluminum.  You don't lift the trailer with these jacks, just get them snug; in my case, this worked just fine, and you could never tell where the jack at the stair was placed.   If you have dual axles, then you can get the BAL scissors-type chocks that fit between the tires.  Two of these will cost more than the aluminum jacks, but will be more convenient to install and work about as well at damping out the motions of the trailer.  Nothing will completely remove these motions.

- Dick
(5368)