[VAC] Re: furnace

I don't know what's in your '86, but I've had two Suburban furnaces. You have to take them out of the trailer and take the guts out of the furnace (Not too hard). There is a sail switch that detects that the fan is blowing air through the combustion chamber. If the switch gets stiff or the air flow gets blocked, the switch will not activate and you will get not flame in the furnace.

Before you take the furnace out, try blowing a shop vac into the vents on the outside of the trailer (with the furnace turned off). Something might be in there blocking the air flow. I had a wasp nest in mine once.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html