[VAC] Awning clearance

I'm in the process of installing a 14ft Zip Dee awning that I procured from a burn out 81 Airstream. The curvature of the 81 is different from that of my 62 which necessitates me bending(changing the angle) of the steel support arms. My problem is I don't know how much to bend them to obtain the proper clearance between the Awing head(The cast pieces with Zip dee on them) and the trailer. Can someone with a large awning please measure the gap between the head and the trailer and head and the bottom of the awning rail riveted to the trailer and supply me with this information . Thanks!

Tim Childers
62 Tradewind