[VAC] Re: Compact Flourescent Bulbs

Scott,
 Gerald had one idea (split the components apart and try to fit them
into your original fixture). Another would be to simply replace the
bulbs with lower-wattage bulbs. I did that in some fixtures in the
Avion; these were dual bulb, with a 3-way switch, off, low, and high. I
changed the "low" bulb for one that draws only 1/2 amp instead of the
1.3 amps of the original. So, if I'm on battery power and don't need a
lot of light, I switch it on "low" for AH savings.

                                         <<Jim>>