[VAC] Re: Compact Flourescent Bulbs

As far as I know there are no screw in compact fluorescent for 12 volt
edison base lamps. If there was you'd save on battery power immensely.
I'd change the appearance of the trailer by mounting a compact
fluorescent unit made for 12 volt input as in the camping catalogs, and
wire its input to the lamp socket, or maybe find an edison base plug
(rare since the parallel blade receptacle was invented about 100 years
ago) and screw it in. Some such fixtures might be small enough to hide
behind the glass of the original fixture, but that will be a squeeze.
One might be able to strip down a new fixture and hide the pieces behind
the original glass. Fixtures using compact fluorescent will be smaller
than those using circuline fluorescents.

Gerald J.